Monday 9 September 2013

To exhibit or not?

Lately I have been thinking all about holding another exhibition for my photography. To be honest I have been thinking on and off over the years about doing another one. A few years back I had the joy of holding my first ever solo exhibition, sure there was stress and costs and panic but in the end I felt it was worth it people turned out to see it and I even sold a few photos. (photos of how it looked at the bottom)

I have to say I got lucky at the time my tattoo artist had free space in his studio and told me the space was there if I wanted it. This was too good a opportunity for me not only was there no cost to hiring the space but they also printed fliers for me.

The reason I keep going back to this thought is simply I did not do the theme I wanted to do first time round. I had wanted my first exhibition to be all about toy photography I had gone so far as to have prints selected and even had physical prints in hand to be framed but in the end I decided to mix it up and give a selection of everything I liked to take photos of. To this day I still wonder what if?

So here I am again pondering should I go through with it again? not to mention all the questions that are still go unanswered such as:
  • Where can I get to host it?
  • How much would it cost me?
  • How many prints would I need?
  • How to go about promoting it?
There are no doubt more to go with this but maybe I should go with Nike and their slogan and "just do it" and worry all about the rest as it comes. Time will tell if I go about it and if I do I'm sure I will post all about it. For now it stays in my mind being pondered over.

 
Powered by Cincopa



No comments:

Post a Comment